Clarification about Dao not adding new members

Background
In first proposal (proposal-eligibility-for-an-airdrop) we have this statment :

As a DAO we should attract and encourage more people to become GuruDAO members and take part in our decision makings, therefore every Guru Season Pass NFT Holder will be eligible for an airdrop upon meeting these criteria Participated in 50% or more voting activities on Snapshot platform: Eligible for Airdrop Participated in 75% or more voting activities on Snapshot platform: Eligible for Airdrop with a multiplier of 1.5x

But in proposal-investigate-airdrop-farming-and-exclude-large-sybil-attackers proposal we have this statement ”

If an airdrop farmer has sold their NFTs, or sells them in the future, the team will investigate whether this is an attempt to hide their NFTs in new addresses, or genuine sales to innocent buyers. Innocent buyers will be included in the airdrop, even though they didn’t vote in Snapshot before buying the NFT

As you can see we have Contradiction in these two statements, first proposal says only people who participated in 50% or more voting activies in snapshopt eligible for airdrop but in second one say Innocent buyers will be included in the airdrop, even though they didn’t vote in Snapshot before buying the NFT but what about people who buy from real user? in this state we need to refer to first proposal !? and also how people can know they buy from who ( real user or farmer ) . also in this case we give farmers the opportunity to buy nft from real users In a very cheap way because other people doesn’t buy nfts from real user but they will want to buy from farmer ! these farmer can buy nfts again with safe wallet to attack again to our dao

Proposal
We can’t stay in this state with these big contradiction , we need to clearly and fix this contradiction

Clarifications
Only people who one Participated in 50% or more voting activities on Snapshot platform: Eligible for Airdrop no one other can join to our dao , no matter they buy from farmer or real user or they voted in snapshot before it or not .
Snapshot for voting activities will be taken on the TGE or After successfully finishing 10 proposals on Snapshot platform ( Whichever happens first )

Pros
Create a real true decentralized DAO
Keep all real users
We don’t chance to farmer to attack again to our dao
dao member will have got more airdrop

Cons
price of nfts can go to zero value , But it does not matter, it is better for Dao members, they will have got more airdrop

51 Likes

I agree with this point of view. I don’t think that the snapshot rules that have been submitted for discussion should be modified. This will make community members feel that changes are made overnight, which will greatly damage the trust of the community.

2 Likes

We really find ourselves in a contradictory and unfair situation because of the last proposal, and I don’t see any way out without causing harm to real users. attributing the chance of receiving an airdrop to new nft buyers who may have never used DexGuru is simply foolish and purely revenge against the farmers. why do we need to track them in the future after being excluded from the airdrop, damn just let them go. this is what’s called a witch hunt !!
The team has gone to great lengths to reward its loyal users with a chance to be in the DAO community and now the DAO is messing around and making rash decisions that sow uncertainty in the community
Fear and the uncertainty was noted during this vote, around 3600 pass were against the proposal at the beginning after which the figure is reduced to around 2800, it means they passed from “no” to “yes” vote, I do not see their reasons but for me it is uncertainty and we’re losing trust and selfishness pushing us filtering each others to only grab the biggest slice of the pie.

14 Likes

Everyone’s original intentions are good, and they are all to protect the rights and interests of real users. However, different users put forward different opinions, and the opinions may be beneficial to themselves. Really need to clarify and resolve this contradiction

4 Likes

That’s a good detection. Anyone who buys from the market should follow the DAO and know the risk that he/she couldn’t get the airdrop if misses to vote 50%. There is no need a extra clarification if the buyer is genuine.

3 Likes

Sounds fine to me, but how do you propose attracting more individuals to our DAO, especially newcomers?

2 Likes

Why do we even need newcomers as governance participants? Not likely they understand the product well nor are aligned with the DAO goals we envision.

Also please make sure you understand where we are right now. Our current stage is a DAO bootstrap phase, explained in this guide: GuruDAO Bootstrap Guide - DexGuru

9 Likes

You are correct in this regard. Because a newcomer is unlikely to be familiar with our product, so it would be pointless.

1 Like

we don’t need to attracting new newcomers to our dao .

2 Likes

Bots can be checked and excluded from the airdrop using forum statistics. It is unlikely that farmers’ bots will reach above the first level of trust. It is only fair that those who have a level of trust above the beginner will have an increased coefficient in the airdrop, and it will increase depending on the level. So we will reward the most active and interested, we will warm up the involvement in discussions.
Of the minuses - it can increase the number of meaningless posts. Writing for the sake of writing.
Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my native language.

1 Like

I completely agree with this suggestion. Agreeing for nft buyers without participating in voting is very risky, farmers can sell and buy back with other wallets on opensea, they can create new wallets, or old unused wallets or by someone has a secure wallet address. Real users who buy nft on opensea must accept the risk, because the previous vote on the snapshot confirmed must participate in voting over 50% to get the airdrop :sleepy:

nonsense. the last proposal got approved with those conditions! I think the best way to respect the spirit of both 2 eligibility proposals after excluding farmers is to distribute airdrop based on this criteria:

• new innocent buyers without any voting contribution get x portion
  • nft holders with 100% contribution on snapshot votes get 2x portion
  • others in between get (1+n/N)x portion which N= number of all snapshot votes and n= number of the snapshot votes one contributed on those
3 Likes

What’s the rationale for incentivizing people without any contribution? If they aren’t contributing at DAO bootstrap phase, not likely they will participate in DAO governance later.

And I ask how much is ultimately worth a group of users with multiple addresses from the addresses of unique random people who enter the project will serve them but contribute nothing to it and participate only to get ardrop? A user who transfers funds from the stock exchange, has 100 dollars in his wallet and made a total of 10 transactions. What is the real value of this user for dex.guru?

He will not use this tool and is here only to speculate and receive aidrop even if it is only one account. Just because someone has multiple accounts doesn’t mean he adds value? This is the whole market, the big fish can outvote the minority and it is a problem for another topic of all these votes where - let’s not kid ourselves - most of them are made for “future benefits” and without the benefit of few

I myself have had many accounts where I have had a DEXT token for over a year. I have been using these accounts regularly after I got value from it - I needed it because dex tools has a limit of 200 tokens for allerts. Is that why I am a bot because I have many addresses and I am too big?

Is that why I am a farmer, because even for security, diversification and also for speculation and profit I should be excluded? I am disappointed.

It appears that for you a real user is someone who does not really need your platform and not someone who regularly uses and trades large amounts.

Better for you is some kid with 5 dollars in your account who will not be your real customer and really does not contribute anything in the long run.

Great business model and understanding of economics and that it is better to have one big customer than 100 “junk” ones. Sorry but this is the brutal truth

Only people who one Participated in 50% or more voting activities on Snapshot platform: Eligible for Airdrop no one other can join to our dao , no matter they buy from farmer or real user or they voted in snapshot before it or not .
Snapshot for voting activities will be taken on the TGE or After successfully finishing 10 proposals on Snapshot platform ( Whichever happens first )
This is our idea.

1 Like