Controlling supply and demand of GURU token

When we look at the recent launching of projects such as ParaSwap, we can catch lots of weakness and we should correct them in our ecosystem (Dex.guru).
I think the most important issue of them is high supply at first. They sold their tokens (airdrop) at few days because there was not any benefit for holding.
They all have high supply problems at first, even if demand is low. Since the goal of the respected Dex Grove team has always been “product first”, I suggest burning tokens.
When we look at the recent launching of projects such as ParaSwap, we can catch lots of weaknesses and we should correct them in our ecosystem (Dex.guru).
I think the most important issue of them is high supply at first. They (airdropped wallet) sold their tokens (airdrop) at few days because there was not any benefit for holding.
In the beginning they all have high supply problems because they did not define any bounce for HODL.
I recommend to define a tax which is calculated based on below table and I suggest using tax as below:
Burn: 50% of taxes
Ecosystem development and treasury (lock for 1 year): 25% of taxes
Bonus pool: 25% of taxes

guru

• N1 = Number of claimed wallet at first 30 days
  • N2 = Total eligible wallet - Number of claimed wallet at first 30 days
87 Likes

It is a brilliant idea :+1:. Also if the GURU token be a POS (proof of stake), it can improve the security of GURU token. In addition I think a big share of GURU token will be lock for a year and it can improve the supply side also the token burning news can increase the demand side.

12 Likes

I am appreciate your idea. But it’s all about demand and supply. Just give them reason to hodl and they will hodl. :herb: :herb: :herb:

18 Likes

I think security of token is dependent on the chain. If GURU token is launched on ethereum, staking GURU does not help to improve the security since ethereum is working based on POW.

9 Likes

I think this may not result as expected. Bringing huge taxes on the launch will result in hikes on the price (since circulating supply is low). Some percantage of the token should be unlocked at first (e.g. %50) and then your suggested scheme can be applied.

4 Likes

That’s actually a good idea. I remember back in 2021 Opium Finance did something like that

29 Likes

Good idea.

On a side note - didn’t Paraswap have staking incentives for hodling/staking? I thought it was the backlash they received for trying to punish a few airdrop hunters at the expense of devoted users that caused mass token exodus?

2 Likes

Thank you very much for reading and replying to my post. I feel I am part of a real democratic society and it is the most enjoyable aspect of real DAO.

5 Likes

I like this idea about “Supply token too much”. But i don’t know the technical or tokenomics that you suggest it would be work? Maybe DAO have to discuss about this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really appreciate your good ideal, in the other hand, I think Dex Guru is better project than ParaSwap hence I believe user will want to hold $GURU for long term investment

5 Likes

Really appreciate your good ideal, in the other hand, I think Dex Guru is better project than ParaSwap.lets party together

3 Likes

Dexguru is capable of surpassing cowswap in terms of users and community in very short time. In order to perform dao handsomely we need global distribution for early users and criteria should be based on usage, volume and engagement.

4 Likes

what is the “N3”??
Just my own opinion, but better using vesting mechanism than this, and even if tax is used, it can not be that hight.
Allocation for airdrop only a small part of total supply, tax it only slow down selling process but not really reducing the supply, need more holistic mechanism to able to control supply and demand
And i think it is better to think about how to bring more benefits for holder to keep them hold than to find ways to punish

6 Likes

Idea is great. If user has the reason to hold, they will not sell. But yes some bounties or rewards should be associated with HODLing

2 Likes

Wow, brilliant idea, that’s what we called Faired Distribution, I totally agree, also, beside that sweet bonus for hodler, I also wondering how could we give more use to the token, right now most AMM Dex token doesn’t really have a lot of real use that should keep the user hodl their token.

2 Likes

The calculation method is very professional and scientific. Everyone is eager to express the token allocation in their own way, lest they be left behind, lest they appear unfair. But rarely does DAO governance begin, and how can we make GURU more powerful and valuable? I don’t mean to show my pride. I want to be rewarded, and alos want more. But when we are not too anxious, slow down, steady, no bad thing. Only when everyone helps GURU become strong, can everyone benefit better. Dry and fishing would be a tragedy, do not want to happen in guru .

4 Likes

What risks I see in this scheme
This is pent-up pressure on the market, when the majority will wait for N1+0.5-07 and collapse the market. Also a large investor will wait for the main mass to not sell their tokens.
What you can replace your scheme, it’s a time-based vesting, when once a day/week/month is given out 10%, which acts as a softener for the market

6 Likes

Why was it sold off in a few days? The reason is definitely not optimistic about this project. It is normal for the free economy not to be optimistic about being sold off. If you continue to limit the selling behavior, you will only delay the selling in the end. The ultimate reason I think should be done to make this project recognized as a value investment by everyone. It is the best way for everyone to take the initiative to become HOLD.

9 Likes

Strongly agree on this one. I said it a million times “It’s all about supply and demand”. Make $Guru more potential and is a good investment for long term is a solution. Not limit selling behavior.

7 Likes

This is a really good idea!
I’m not sure about the percentages, but we can change them, so there is no problem there.
Most of the distribution methods just delay the price drop, but this could work!

2 Likes