Deciding on the DexGuru's public API pricing

Overview

Currently, our public API is in beta. It provides users with free, human-readable on-chain market data about Ethereum, Optimism, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Fantom, Arbitrum, Celo, and Avalanche networks. We support permissionless blockchain data, which means you can obtain financial information about tokens as soon as they acquire liquidity on any of the web3 markets that we support. All you need to receive a current token price is to provide our API with the token’s contract address. Besides prices, you can get information about recent swaps, liquidity pool adds/removes, and learn about any wallet on-chain activities.

The end goal for DexGuru has always been to supply customers with detailed and comprehensive market data for networks we support. To follow this goal, be a prosperous DAO and a successful business model, we have to start monetizing our public API. Creating a paid tier is something we have been considering for a while. We want to ask for your help deciding on how much the paid tier should cost.

Statistics

Let’s look at some current usage statistics to understand better how API is being used. All available endpoints are listed in the public API documentation. There are more than 30 of them, and we are constantly working on adding more. However, over the last month, more than 50% of all requests used /v1/chain/{chain_id}/tokens/{token_address}/market (aka Get Token Finance) endpoint. This endpoint returns a list of current financial information about a token and is THE most popular request. The second most popular is v1/chain/{chain_id}/tokens/market (aka Get Tokens Finance), which returns the same financial information but for multiple tokens at once. Financial information about a specific token seems to be our API users’ most popular and valuable data.

Let’s check out some other usage statistics over the last month. Below you can see there has been a total of 55,267,255 requests. Furthermore, one hundred and eighty-seven unique wallet addresses have connected to the API. The number of unique addresses stayed relatively the same over the last few months so we can assume we already have around 160-180 regular users.

Deciding on the price.

Let’s get back to the main intention of this forum’s topic - to determine the public API’s subscription price. Below is an example of pricing from a similar blockchain API called Bitquery.

Bitquery

As you can see, it has a highly sophisticated pricing plan, and it takes a while to understand it. Amberdata is another similar API product. Their pricing is so complicated that they ask you to contact them in order to get a quote. We want to avoid this because DexGuru strives for simplicity and maximum transparency.

As a starting point, we want to offer a single paid tier. Below is a proposal of DexGuru’s public API pricing.

We want to hear your opinion. Let us know what you think about the paid plan. Nothing is final, and all feedback is welcome as long as it is constructive and offers solutions for us to grow as a web3 community.

Learn more about DexGuru API here.

Read the documentation here.

26 Likes

Unfortunately, I could not find an example of the DexGuru’s prices discussed in the links provided.

If you look at Bitquery prices, then those who need an API there everything is clear. So I think it’s not a complicated scheme.
If you look at it, I would increase the parameters by 10% and lower the price by 20% at first to see if it pays off or not. If not, then I would raise the price.
With the parameters that I see now in DexGuru API description, it’s hard for me to imagine pricing.
This is all relative, I’m ready to discuss it in more detail if needed. I know how to work with API, but I am using them only for NFT market.

4 Likes

Maybe offer discounts on pricing if they buy using GURU tokens? (Extra use case for the token?)
I can’t really comment on the prices, it seems that you have done your research.

Hey! Thank you so much for bringing this up.
I messed up and somehow the prices were removed from the post.
Here are the suggested DexGuru prices:

2 Likes