Exclusion from possible airdrop of those who don’t read the text of the proposal(Amendment proposal)

SUMMARY
1)This is an amendment proposal and suggests a different angle to exclude the list of wallets from possible future airdrop that took part in bot detection votes on the snapshot

2)It involves the service of DEX GURU team

Thanks to Fidjery and makdizzy for bringing the issue to the DAO

Initial post: [PROPOSAL-010] Exclusion from possible airdrop of those who don’t read the text of the proposal

BACKGROUND
The seventh and eleventh proposal in the snapshot was the bot trap that was created to captured the wallets that was involved in bot activity or carelessly vote on proposal without reading the text.

The trap successfully garnered 606 votes (441 -seventh proposal, 165- eleventh proposal)

All the votes can be divided into 3 categories:

1)Category A (wallets only voted on seventh proposal) includes:
• wallets who are involved with bot and don’t care about the involvement in DAO
• wallet which didn’t understand the proposal and voted mistakenly (Genuine DAO participant)

2)Category B (wallet voted on both Seventh and Eleventh proposal) includes:
• wallet which didn’t understand the proposal and voted again (member not active in discord)

3)Category C (wallet only voted on eleventh proposal) includes:
• wallet who didn’t even looked at the seventh proposal (not active in discord)

PROPOSAL

For category B & C: Exclusion from the possible airdrop without any further investigation as
• wallets are not even serious about the DAO
• Inactive members who made the same mistake again.

For category A: Deep investigation by GURU team
• to find out the genuine wallet who voted by mistake and should be included in possible airdrop
• to find out the wallet that were using bot and moved their GURU season pass to another wallet
after the seventh proposal and should be excluded from the possible airdrop

NOTE:
• Wallets that are excluded from the possible airdrop will be monitored until GURU token launches
• Wallet address can be read through GraphQL API of snapshot
• Sybil attack criteria has already been discussed and passed by DAO

PROS
• Investigating the wallet of genuine DAO member will serve as a lesson for other DAO members not to take proposal lightly
• Fair method for Genuine DAO participants
• Some wallets involved in sybil attack could be found
• Increase in DAO participation as more people will start involving in Discord
• Won’t take much time to investigate as there are 441 wallets

27 Likes

seems interesting proposal to me as it is fair for both who didn’t understand the proposal and voted (must be given a chance) and those who are involved with bot and dont care about the governance process(definitely be excluded from possible airdrop)

6 Likes

this is good praposal for who mistakenly vote on seventh praposal and exclude who vote both seventh and eleventh praposal without care DAO.

3 Likes

generally, people use bots when they are involved in airdrop farming. This proposal also helps in finding out airdrop farmers while protecting the interest of genuine users.

1 Like

This is necessary to create a valuable DAO later on. For Class B, Class C wallets, exclusion from the airdrop is appropriate. For Class A wallets, there will be real user case, will need further investigation, I add 01 requirement for Class A wallets, need to declare discord address and wallet address in a separate channel separate on discord for the community to check.

2 Likes

I don’t think is fair at all. I voted yes because im agree on excluding sybil and bots, and i want to vote and be part of the dao governance, but not sure if this is the right way. Doing traps and so. It doesnt mean i voted without reading, i voted bcouse im more agree than disagree

1 Like

I agree this is fair. I think there is another chance for those who have made this mistake once. This is quite useful for the community

1 Like

you should have checked the discord to find out why such a proposal was even created. If you have done that you would not have voted on the second bot trap. But still, in the end, DAO will take the final call.

1 Like

who have made this mistake and are not involved in Sybil activity as all wallets will be investigated

1 Like

i believe, the community should never be rigid, people should acknowledge that mistakes can happen and one mistake should se reconsidered keeping aside the personal interest and start looking for the growth of overall community. there are 12k nft holders, where from past discussion about 2-3k are sybil attacker by looking on chain data, which can be removed, and even after that genuine users who have done mistake is being removed will impact the overall community. dao participation is a new concept to most of the people where each day, people are learning. and if community doesn’t acknowledge this, we have to check what kind of message we are spreading.

7 Likes

All of the Proposals that restrict Airdrop Farmers will benefit the community so I believe DAO launch Pros maybe need more of them.

I am an old member who uses this exchange for daily work…I only made a mistake once and I did not understand why ??? I am neither a robot nor a whale or a hunter … I do not deserve to be fired from the organization…Please give me a chance…

3 Likes