How to distribute DAO token to early supporters

How to distribute DAO token to early supporters.

223 Likes

Shouldn’t there be a part of the supply dedicated to pre-DAO users who actively participated in the Snapshot votes (voted all proposals, or at least 80% of them)? Let’s say that you decide to airdrop 15% of the total supply, 10% goes to active pre-DAO users and the other 5% goes to engaged users on the platform regardless of whether they participated in the pre-DAO or not.

58 Likes
  1. Split airdrop between all season pass NFT holders
  2. set some qualifications such as must have voted on X amount of proposals or must have actively contributed in the #discussion group in Discord at least X amount of times. Or e.g Did you sell or attempt to sell on Opensea?
  3. Airdrop could be distributed based on weighting. E.g must have voted on 3 proposals of which proposal 1 = 33%, proposal 2 = 33% and proposal 3 = 34%.
70 Likes

Not really in favor of the Discord engagement, it defeats the decentralization value proposition of the blockchain. Agree with the other points.

42 Likes

Well, i think every nft holder should play certain role in DAO and on that basis DAO has to fairly drop $GURU tokens equally because from swapping on dex till tipping the Guru itself, community was and is still standing side by side with the project itself. So, it would be unfair to exclude those members. But a certain role consideration in DAO governance voting etc is must because right now people are selling their nfts. Rather than the decision is yet to be made my community and DAO itself.

29 Likes

Split tokens between all participants season pass NFT and implement fee if they like to sell tokens immediately. For example: if i want to sell all airdrop tokens immediately after distribution i pay 30% fee.

12 Likes

should be given to early pass holders

33 Likes

I agree with you this will be fair to all the users

13 Likes

Yes combining both the ideas of your’s and @bjcd would be even great.

4 Likes

pass holders
users of dex.guru

17 Likes

(1) Distribution among NFT owners.
(2) Weighted by the amount of forrum and discord speech
(3) Weighted by the amount of snapshot votes.

19 Likes

Honestly, I think 2) is too difficult to measure.

There’s a good, similar discussion up here: https://gov.dex.guru/t/initial-bonus-multiplier-proposal-for-any-potential-token-airdrop/

7 Likes

In a decentralized world, I think everyone should be allowed to decide what to do with the tokens. People will sell inevitably, and others will buy too. I disagree with the tax

15 Likes

Yea, I think so too. And not everyone likes ‘talking plenty’… There a some that will make few but key comments. Others would comment and disagree on almost everything. People are different and that I think should not affect the tokens received.

14 Likes

Same here, I disagree. However incentive to hold the tokens in order to benefit from multipliers is a good thing. Your address is whitelisted for the multipliers forever, but you won’t earn a penny (=benefit from it) if you don’t hold a certain amount of GURU.

5 Likes

Again, I disagree with the forum and discord engagement. Lots of people use web3 for its anonymity and decentralization. Having to use a centralized platform where you need to provide an email address is not ideal. Also not inclusive for non-English speakers who may struggle to express their opinion. Distribution should only be taking into account on-chain events (or off-chain for Snapshot, but you got my point). I think the simpler, the better: either full allocation to Season pass holders weighted with the number of snapshot votes, or 15% to season pass, following the same rules, plus 5% to non-season pass users based on frequency (=at least 10 trades in the last x months).

Edit: you can already see the disadvantages of including engagement by the number of dummy topics created on this forum haha, people replying to a thread by creating a new thread that links the previous one.

35 Likes

Well, I guess the best approach is distributing $GURU between those NFT holders who participate in every proposal the team offers.

11 Likes

I also think that every nft owner, active discord participant should participate in the Tao. In accepting or creating certain proposals and ideas to receive a drop!

3 Likes

In every one, it’s overkill. And if I’m sick, that’s it, I’m not worthy? Or was there no Internet at the time of voting? NFT owners must be allocated a part of it, and the rest should be stimulated by additional rewards for participation in the proposals.

5 Likes

Make sense, voters are important for a protocol

3 Likes