How to keep the value of GURU tokens?

How to keep the value of GURU tokens? Instead of being smashed by a group of speculators as soon as they came out? Please make suggestions?

26 Likes

One way to make it useful in projects in ecosystem or valuable to make additional profit. Like in launchpads you need to hold tokens to have a chance to win allocation. :grinning:

9 Likes

You only ask questions but don’t answer them. Believe me, these questions are on the minds of thousands of people and we need answers that we can discuss. If you have nothing more to offer than questions, that’s not the best way to discuss it.
But I will answer you, unfortunately, with a question too.
The value of a token is in its community. If a community doesn’t have a manifesto, Who We Are, What We Do, How We Do, and other manifesto parameters. If that’s not there, then there’s no value in the token.
I hope in the future there will be more answers that we can all discuss instead of asking each other the same questions.

9 Likes

Well, how about having a vesting schedule for a year or more to reduce the risk from people just dumped the token the moment they get profit, and we also have to give benefit to the token hodlers as well, like fee reduction on trading? or staking platform, although I would says just staking to get native token is not a good idea like what Paraswap did, everyone just dumped the token and leave the platform.

5 Likes

I guess it should be decided by the market after all. What we can do is to add more features to the platform so that people decide it’s worth it to buy the tokens and participate in Governance or add some other utilities to the token itself.
I strongly recommend not using PREVENTIVE methods like vesting or such, these might seem efficient but if someone wants to sell, he eventually will, either if the token’s were vested or not. We should add value to them to encourage people to keep them or even add up to it, this is a better approach than using preventive methods over time.

6 Likes

It seems that the general rule is that a coin will fall when it opens, and very few do not. This does not depend on the capital operation behind it. If the project is well funded, it will avoid being ruined, so it becomes how to make a project well funded? It depends on the status of the event on the circuit. There’s a lot of competition at DEX. There’s no good enough way to avoid it. Now the common way is linear release or pledge mining sense does not solve the fundamental problem.

3 Likes

Savings program, participating in small airdrops for holders on personal wallets, it can take 3 months, 6 months to receive small airdrops.

2 Likes

It seems that in the currency circle, in addition to the big funds to take the initiative to make the market, there is no other good way, retail consensus cannot withstand a single blow.

1 Like

I think this will help too
https://gov.dex.guru/t/eligibility-criteria-for-the-distribution-of-guru-token/4907?u=darialeo

4 Likes

strong utility of guru tokens should be made. for example guru hodlers will have access to dex guru premium features and 0% trading fees. also trading fees should be distributed to guru hodlers and we should also focus on making tokenomics in such a way that it become deflationary with time. means token burn mechanism should be introduced

3 Likes

This is a great topic, I hope the project owners pay attention to it, there are too many air cast speculators, also I suggest to be careful about the timing of sending tokens, otherwise it’s going to avalanche when it comes out, and to fully empower the token

2 Likes

We can do the distribution like the opium defi back in the day
so we could get rid of the paper hands

3 Likes

The project party’s market manipulation is the only way not to be smashed. Otherwise, no matter what method you use, the first wave will definitely be smashed.

1 Like

I think a distribution curve such that the vesting is done weekly over the course of a period of time, then if staked + maintained within the wallet, you are eligible for next airdrops. Very much like what HydraChain did, which I think worked really well.
Then, as it has been suggested, strong utility such as trading benefits, possibly staking rewards, voting incentives (not a huge fan of bribes, but they are quite effective in the short term), locking periods, etc…

1 Like

Hire marketmaker :laughing:

Now seriously - to keep value of token we need something strong. Like you need to keep or lock token to get something for it. Take a look for ksm - many people decide to lock their tokens for 50+ weeks to get tokens on parachain, or we can look on chia who decide to give loans for companies in their tokens who should pay it back in chia tokens.

2 Likes

stalking is good incntive
get bonous for hlding
get free option in dexguru for holding token
this cdn be useful

1 Like

Repurchasing and burning gurus is very important. This will cause periodic price increases and shock to the gurus. :thinking:

1 Like

It is very important to have a use for tokens, if we can not find a suitable use for it, its value will definitely not be preserved

2 Likes

Will there ever be like an index fund for airdrops, where the DAO does everything on our behalf and when collects airdrops, then the funds are put into the treasury and members can withdraw by selling their tokens?

1 Like