[PROPOSAL-001] Governance process

Summary

The proposal describes the governance process of the DAO

Background

The advised approach is based on the examples and best practices from other DAOs. The idea is to balance efficiency and process simplicity and create a straightforward lean process for the whole community. The process will help more people to engage in governance and reduce the time needed to make a decision.

Proposal

Any idea or initiative coming from a community member that is going to be a DAO wide rule must follow a governance process composed of several steps:

• Public Discussion and Temperature check
  • Formal Proposal
  • Voting

Public Discussion and Temperature Check

Any community member can bring up a GuruDAO related idea, problem, or proposal to the community for discussion. If they believe that DAO consensus on this idea is required, the proposer will initiate the discussion. It’s up to the proposer to get the momentum going.

In the case of active discussion, the proposer or active member can move the idea to the temperature check stage. A temperature check is a free form poll on discord or discourse that helps understand what the community feels about the initiative.

For the community’s convenience, the body of the poll should include:

• A description
  • Key proposal features
  • Short discussion recap

A temperature check can be launched in the free form of:

• Discord emoji voting
  • Discourse poll on temperature check section

Timeline: no timeline

Requirements: no requirements

Platform: discord or discourse

Formal Proposal

After having reached a consensus on the Temperature Check, the initial proposer or another community member can submit the formal proposal to the governance forum. It’s up to the proposer to decide if a consensus around the topic is sufficient to move forward. It’s their responsibility to prepare the formal proposal.

The goal is to formally discuss the proposal and leave comments on the topic. Based on this discussion, the proposal is amended by the proposer to find consensus over the document.

The discussion period is at least 3 days(72 hours minimum). It may be more if there is active discussion - but no less. The proposer decides when or if the proposal is to move forward to the next step.

DAO contributors must use the following template when publishing a proposal on Discourse:

Title

• Short, clear description of the proposal
  • Should include [proposal] tag

Summary

• Describe the proposal topic

Background

• What problem or opportunity are you looking to solve?
  • Describe why the proposal is valuable to the community

Proposal

• Description of proposed changes

Specifications

• Technical details as applicable

Pros

• Reasons to vote for the proposal

Cons

• Potential reasons to vote against the proposal

Poll

• Temperature check voting, if it exists, and additional comments

Once we want to have all the proposals unified and standardized, it is important to meet the proposal structure. If the proposal doesn’t meet the required format, it’s within the purview of the authority of the discourse moderator to reject the proposal. In fact, it is the only reason to reject the proposal.

Timeline: 3+ days (72 hours minimum)

Requirements: The proposal should meet the requisite format and the Temperature Check link should be attached.

Platform: Discourse

Voting

Once the discussion has been done on the discourse, the initial proposer or another community member publishes the final version of the proposal on Snapshot.

The voting platform is based on Gnosis Safe + Snapshot and the Safesnap module, allowing execution of off-chain votes. In case the proposal involves on-chain action, the proposer should prepare the required transaction.

Timeline: 3 days (72 hours)

Quorum: At DAO Bootstrap Phase we expect a participation quorum of at least 10% of the total NFTs supply to pass any proposal successfully. For GuruDAO itself we should define quorum and proposals creation threshold after we figure out and discuss $GURU tokenomic.

Platform: Snapshot + Gnosis Safe.

Specifications

N/A

Pros

Straightforward governance process

Cons

Discuss the snapshot publishing threshold amount

Poll

• Yes
  • No
  • Abstain

0 voters

Voting - Snapshot

1266 Likes

It will be great and also this way everybody will show their thoughts on results. Let’s see rest and also project growth totally depends on community.

316 Likes

Das ist richtig, ich freue mich auf eine glänzende Zukunft für dieses Projekt Außerdem kann er bei einer solchen öffentlichen Unterstützung die Unterstützung der Menschen gebrauchen, denn die meisten Projekte haben diese Fähigkeit nicht, und Ihr Projekt ist wirklich vollständig und wertvoll. Ich hoffe, Sie sind in jeder Situation erfolgreich. Ich liebe dex.guru

231 Likes

LONG LIVE DAO
i think we can make our community biger everyday
but we need good proposal to make everthing great

189 Likes

Great idea for users who can participate in the poll :
smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:Great idea for users who can participate in the poll

145 Likes

Nice team . I agree with this proposal.i hope to have big progress . Thanks team and community. Let’s fucking goooooooooo

106 Likes

Good decision and enough time. We have strong and very friendly community.
I hope we will only get bigger and better.

84 Likes

It looks like a reasonable way to prevent unnecessary threads and promote constructive ones. I hope to see a strong DAO.

78 Likes

It’s ok and I agreed with that, I hope all of us made a great community and go ahead strongly with pleasure :ok_hand::clinking_glasses:

63 Likes

i think is good idea, we can make good and friendly community, i hope to make good decison. Thanks team and community

51 Likes

Wise decision to enhance beneficial ideas and improve the quality of the community. We are here together to shape a bright future for Dex.guru .

46 Likes

it’s cool & i agree whit this proposal , everyone please vote and get rest for next three days . thanks to guru’s team and Long Live DAO :slight_smile: :hugs:

45 Likes

Nice proposal, big brother is going to lead us to take off. This vote believes mostly YES I support.

36 Likes

It’s a great idea and also verygood decision for all of the participants that let me call them community :ok_hand: :+1: :+1:

49 Likes

nice" project will growup everyday with these useful proposals and consultations. every members can explain their opinion and community choise the best ones.

24 Likes

Its a great start, I’m enjoying being part of this great project way to gooooooo Guru team :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

37 Likes

Thanks for your transparent procedure for implementing new section to your project. we strongly believe that this approach will result in unprecedent success.

24 Likes

i agree with that and try my best for helping team and giving my opinion because i am part of DAO, wish the team

24 Likes

Hello to the wonderful team
This kind of dao creation and voting is very clever and it is a step forward
I liked it :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

25 Likes

ok…
the best project
very niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

16 Likes