The proposal describes the vision and values of GuruDAO
With the creation of any organization comes challenges in assembly. In order to combat these issues head on we’ve decided to present a proposal for the GuruDAO Manifesto.
This proposal aims to define the GuruDAO vision, mission, and shared values of its members. If passed, not only will this proposal be a stepping stone in building GuruDAO, but will be referenced in the future as an arbitrator any conflict that may arise.
GuruDAO is a product-focused community of contributors that have come together to support and grow web3 products and infrastructure. GuruDAO’s flagship product, DexGuru is a trading terminal made for traders in DeFi era. Using DexGuru, traders are able to leverage on-chain data to take advantage of the latest market trends and place their trades with more conviction than ever before. The GuruDAO community will continue to bring new ideas, new contributions and eventually, develop new products.
Our vision at GuruDAO is to build robust web3 products that people are excited to use. We want the community to drive development and be responsible for the progress of the products built by GuruDAO.
Our mission is to create a participatory, community-driven economy powered by the $GURU token that enables the support, development, engineering, and adoption of the DexGuru and related products.
The best way of working towards this mission is to ensure community members see themselves as equal contributors to the project, aligned with the same goals.
As a community, we believe in the core values that encourage us and unite toward community growth:
- There is no core team, there is no one single center of authority. People have their voice, are able to express themselves, and get organized into sub-DAOs to multiply their efforts. We believe in the natural ability of the community to shape itself to find the best organizational fit and work towards each goal.
- Every member of the community is a contributor who dedicates their available resources towards DAO development and gets rewarded. Ignited by the same goal, we believe that the community may be distributed, diversified but first of all, it should be a team. We are in the same boat, so the way to success is to help each other.
- We encourage people to take responsibility for the community, business areas, and new initiatives. People are the greatest asset of the DAO, and only their input and endeavor will lead the community to success.
- There is no single leader or management team, so everybody should have equal access to all information that affects DAO health.
- We share the guru way - the path to becoming a guru is one of constant learning. Learning from theory, learning from others, and by ourselves.
It is important to us not only to build, but to build responsibly. Whether building products or communities - it is essential that everyone feels safe and welcomed at all times. We believe it is extremely important to set the standards for GuruDAO from day one, which is why we have developed the pledge below.
We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
- The proposal aims to breed a healthy and productive environment.
- The proposal clearly outlines five essential values.
- The proposal acts as a stepping stone for future GuruDAO growth.
- The proposal may be missing some values that the members hold.
- The proposal highlights five key values that the members may not prioritize.
Snapshot Voting: Snapshot