[PROPOSAL-006] Eligibility for an airdrop

Background

$GURU token will be launched in future to govern GuruDAO.The goal of the proposal is to define core criteria for a possible airdrop. In order to prevent spamming in govarnance channels in forum and discord, and as an appreciation to early contributors, an eligibility system for airdrop is designed regarding the values in the manifesto.

Proposal

Definition

Airdrop is a token distribution method based on some criteria to decentralize the governance. It’s vital to choose right criteria not to distrupt the functionality of the GuruDAO. Airdrop criteria that forces DAO members to contribute via writing on DAO communication channels leads to lots of spam messages/topics on both Discord/Forum so this shouldn’t be considered. A draft of airdrop distribution system which is compatible with GuruDAO manifesto is prepared.

Specifications

Airdrop should be distributed based on contributions of members towards GuroDAO during bootstrap phase, Member’s activeness is the most precious to a DAO, The activeness should be calculated in a decentralized manner, For this reason contributions will be calculated based on voting activities on Snapshot platform.

As a DAO we should attract and encourage more people to become GuruDAO members and take part in our decision makings, therefore every Guru Season Pass NFT Holder will be eligible for an airdrop upon meeting these criteria:

Participated in 50% or more voting activities on Snapshot platform: Eligible for Airdrop

Participated in 75% or more voting activities on Snapshot platform: Eligible for Airdrop with a multiplier of 1.5x

Snapshot for voting activities will be taken on the TGE or After successfully finishing 10 proposals on Snapshot platform ( Whichever happens first )

Pros

The proposal gives the control of GuruDAO to only true preDAO members.

The proposal will eliminate airdrop hunters by using filters such as NFT pass holding and activeness on Snapshot platform

True Dao members won’t get left behind only because they missed a few votings.

Real active members of GuruDAO will receive a bit more of appreciation.

Cons

Methods should be implemented in order to keep the community engaged after the snapshot is taken - This is a concern to any airdrop proposal

Poll

• Yes
  • No
  • Abstain

0 voters

Shoutout to @fukuyamasato1 for all his great contributions towards this proposal.

Snapshot: Snapshot

996 Likes

I also agree with this way of distributing AirDrop and think this is the most fair criteria for AirDrop :slightly_smiling_face:

284 Likes

It sounds good, i think we can add an option for 100% participation too🤔
Or maybe some option between “nft-holders” and poeple who buy nft and participated in the votes

132 Likes

It seems perfectly fair
There may be a problem for anyone who does not participate in all the polls, so we do not need to consider a positive score for the people who participated in all the polls.
We thank all these people who had the highest level of participation
I hope the importance of the project is a priority for everyone :pray:

126 Likes

totally agrred with you
divide to two group is fair manner
i hope see this proposal on snapshot soon

88 Likes

I think this proposal is great, if we assume we take a snapshot after the tenth proposal then I think we should adjust the 75% to 80%.
Anyway, it’s been great, and we’ve taken a real step forward.

53 Likes

Sounds great !
This method seems fair enough and we don’t get too involved with numbers
also I think everyone would be satisfied :white_check_mark:

54 Likes

This proposal is the best proposal that can be given for the main member of DexGuru.
I completely agree with this proposal

39 Likes

If there will be airdrop , this is the best and fairest method for distribution
Thank you for the efforts of my dear friend :innocent:

36 Likes

It seems like a good and fair idea for users who are really working on the project and I hope it works :+1:

24 Likes

of course yes. its absoulotly seems good, and we can remove Airdrop hunter with it thanks guru TEam.

27 Likes

The first proposal from community members
Very excellent and comprehensive
However, ten voting are not necessarily necessary

25 Likes

Hi everyone.this is great and i like this idea . this is the best way to eligible airdrop .and i think si everyone agree with me

26 Likes

I agree with this proposal, i think it’s fair enough. I hope it satisfy everybody and hope we have more participants in this proposal.

34 Likes

Nice proposal and nice modification. Thanks to both of you! It seems totally reasonable to me… “The Proposal gives the control of GuruDAO to ONLY TRUE preDAO members” Sounds nice!

11 Likes

it’s great. let’s do this.his way of distributing AirDrop is nice and help us to delete airdrop hunters

15 Likes

totally agreed with you guys, I think this proposal is great, this is the best and fairest method for distribution, thank you so much Dex guru :heart_eyes_cat:

17 Likes

I agree with the author, but I think you need to add tokens to those who voted in the discord and here on the forum.

17 Likes

Forward to the main Dao.
It is a very fair and comperhensive way to distribute tokens.
I hope it get votes :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

22 Likes

How about those who tiped and those who they didn’t pay tip?
There must be a difference between them

13 Likes